Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access Statement: Museum of the Moving Image serves as a bridge to connect diverse communities to the moving image, in all its forms, with the goal of together building a more equitable and inclusive cultural future. We strive to be welcoming to everyone who passes through our doors, with programs, exhibitions, and a staff that reflect the diversity of our community. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is informed by an anti-oppressive, intersectional, international, and community-centered approach to all that we do. A ubiquitous and powerful form of creative expression and communication, the moving image can serve to enliven, uplift, and build a deeper understanding of ourselves and one another.
Part-Time Visitor Experience Associate
Museum of the Moving Image seeks a well-spoken, detail-oriented individual with admissions and retail experience to join its Visitor Experience Department. Applicants must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required. This is a part-time position for up to 20 hours per week. The Visitor Experience Associate reports to the Associate Director of Visitor Experience.
Associates will assist with a range of visitor experience activities which include:
- Greeting visitors
- Selling tickets
- Maintaining the coat check
- Selling and maintenance of merchandise
- General support of the Visitor Experience
- Essential Duties:
- Provide exceptional customer service to museum visitors while assisting with the processing of admission tickets and purchased goods at the store and café.
- Assist all visitors and members of the Museum with their ticketing and other needs, including general admission, screenings, and other events.
- Respond to visitor inquires via phone and email.
- Assist visitors with coat/bag check.
- Keep accurate maintenance of cash drawer during their shift. Assist with daily opening/closing procedures when required.
- Assist with maintaining merchandise displays and appearance; assist in ensuring all products are fully stocked and tagged, and that display shelving is replenish merchandise.
- Assist with maintaining clean and well organized storage areas.
- Perform other duties within the Visitor Services and Security departments, as needed.
- Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma required.
- Some Post-secondary education preferred.
- At least two years of customer service experience in admissions or in a retail environment is required; prior work in a museum setting or a cultural attraction is preferred.
- Cash management skills.
- General interest or knowledge of film and/or digital media.
- Intermediate computer skills, familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet search engines, and Point of Sale software.
- xcellent communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with the public on a daily basis.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
No faxes or phone calls please. Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Part-Time Security Guard Position
Museum of the Moving Image seeks a motivated, licensed Part-Time Security Guard for this dynamic and rapidly growing cultural institution located in the Kaufman Astoria Arts District in Astoria, New York.
- Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Patrolling assigned areas within the Museum and its perimeter to protect visitors, staff, artifacts, and the facilities.
- Responding to emergency situations quickly and efficiently, within established guidelines and protocols
- Providing information and assistance to visitors and staff
- Reporting incidents and safety/security issues
- Other tasks as assigned
- Current NYS Security Guard License
- NYFD Fire Guard Certificate of Fitness
- CPR/First Aid/AED Training Preferred
- Must speak English and possess superb verbal communication, and writing skills
- Excellent personal appearance and general demeanor
- MUST demonstrate ability to interact in a professional manner with members of the public
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to: Securityhr@movingimage.us
No faxes or phone calls please.
Museum of the Moving Image is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.