Safety Measures to Protect Against the Spread of Covid-19
Visitor Safety (Know Before You Visit)
We’ve adjusted our operations to follow the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State, and New York City. They include the following:
- All visits must be reserved in advance and are timed entry, until further notice. Tickets will be available soon.
- All visitors (ages 2+) will be expected to wear a snug-fitting mask (no bandanas or scarves) covering nose and mouth. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building.
- Social distancing of six feet (unless with members from your own household).
- Cafe and Shop will remain closed for the time being.
- Coat check will be temporarily closed, and the maximum bag size allowed in Museum galleries is 11"x14" (28 x 33.5 cm). No large bags or luggage can be accepted. Please plan accordingly. (Stroller parking will be available.)
- Only two persons will be allowed in the elevator at one time.
- Museum experiences that require touch or shared surfaces (including touch monitors, headphones, information sheets, interactive experiences) will not be available until further notice.
- If you feel unwell or believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting. A refund will be issued for your ticket.
- New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory requires international visitors to quarantine for 14 days. If you are traveling to NYC from outside the United States, visitors are required to complete the online traveler health form.
Other Museum measures to maintain the safety of staff and visitors:
- All Museum staff will be required to wear masks and have been trained to minimize contact.
- Visitor capacity will be limited to 25%, until further notice.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been added to encourage clean hands.
- Physical barriers, e.g. Plexiglass screens, have been installed at points of interaction to minimize contact with staff.
- Social distancing markers, like signs or tape, will be posted to help guests maintain distance.
- Air systems upgraded and theater deep-cleaned. Plus, the Museum has installed recommended MERV 13 air filters (preventing the transmission of particles) throughout the Museum building.
- In the Redstone Theater, in addition to upgraded air filters, a bipolar ionization system has been installed that cleans the air, removing ozone, particles, and pathogens. For more information about the system, visit here.
- The Museum has conducted a deep cleaning of the Redstone Theater from top to bottom: cleaned and resecured all acoustic (blue, triangular) panels; resurfaced hand railings to allow for greater ease in cleaning; sanitized and re-secured all seats; and steam-cleaned the carpet.
For screenings, the following safety measures will be in place:
- All tickets must be reserved in advance with contactless check-in upon arrival and entry into the theater.
- Theater capacity will be limited to 25% (max. 50 seats filled) until further notice.
- All seats will be assigned so that patrons are at least six-feet apart.
- In between screenings, the theater will be totally sanitized, including each seat, using an electrostatic disinfectant backpack system (more info).
We welcome your inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.