2023 Teen Film Festival: Open Call for Submissions
Lights, camera, action! MoMI's Teen Council is excited to announce the annual Teen Film Festival, featuring short films—by you! If you’re between the ages of 13 and 18 and reside in any of the New York City boroughs, we encourage you to submit up to three short films. Horror, mystery, sci-fi, thriller: all genres are welcome! Let your creativity shine.
Applications are open until 12:00 noon on Saturday, April 15, 2023. You will be notified by Saturday, April 29, 2023 if any of your submissions have been selected.
The screenings will take place at MoMI’s Redstone Theater on Friday, May 19, 2023, followed by a brief Q&A with filmmakers.
To submit your film, fill out the application form here, or at https://forms.gle/qDfyFj5Vjtbc1bvEA
Guidelines and Rules
- Films should be between 30 seconds and 10 minutes, including credits.
- Each applicant can submit a maximum of three films produced after May 2021.
- Films should be appropriate for all audiences (approximately PG-13).
- All films should feature original content.
- The applicant must reside in any borough of New York City.
- We strongly recommend that you triple-check your audio levels and that your audio is not limited to one channel. Any film that includes main dialogue that is not in English must be submitted with subtitles.
Teen Digital Media Innovators (TDMI) is supported by the GKV Charitable Foundation, the Pinkerton Foundation, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services.