Support the Jim Henson Exhibition
Museum of the Moving Image will unveil Jim Henson, a permanent exhibition in a brand new gallery. The exhibition draws from an astonishing collection of hundreds of puppets and other artifacts donated to the Museum by the Henson family.
Why we need your support
The Museum has raised over $5.25 million, including funds from the City of New York, to build the new gallery and design the Jim Henson exhibition. We must raise an additional $1.5 million to meet our goal for the creation of this permanent home showcasing Jim Henson’s extraordinary contributions to film and television, which will allow millions of visitors to discover Henson’s unbridled imagination, wit, and capacity for creative innovation. We ask you to add your support to this exciting project.
Limited edition set of three Jim Henson lithographs
To mark the occasion of the Jim Henson exhibition opening, the Henson family has made available to Museum donors at the $10,000 level and above limited edition lithographs of Jim Henson’s striking 1957-59 silkscreen prints, entitled “Hilarity,” Melancholy,” and “Conceit.” To find out more about this set of lithographs, click here.
Your gift will help:
- Restore more than 200 original puppets
- Inspire more than 50,000 students to create, dream big, and invent new worlds
- Enrich the lives of more than 200,000 visitors per year
- Enable the Museum to develop a range of exciting and imaginative public programs
- Provide the public from all over the globe with access to an incredible treasure trove of moving image history
- Preserve and build on the legacy of Jim Henson
For more information about the fundraising campaign, please contact Christina Marouda, Director of Development, at [email protected] or at 718 777 6844.