Program Updates, Dec 2021–Jan 2022
Dec 21, 2021
Jan. 27 Update: As of this weekend, the Museum is reopening the Bartos Screening Room with capacity set at 50% or less—same as our Redstone Theater. Please note that all of the Curators' Choice screenings have been rescheduled. See the full lineup here.
Out of an abundance of caution, and in the wake of rising COVID-19 cases in New York City, the Museum will be adjusting programs for this holiday period and into January 2021. As announced last week, we will close the Bartos Screening Room until further notice, and shift screenings into the spacious Redstone Theater with a reduced capacity of 50% for the comfort of our audience.
Please note the Museum’s galleries will remain open through the holiday period: December 24–January 2, 12:00–6:00 p.m. (closed on Christmas Day). In keeping with NYC mandate, we require proof of vaccination for all visitors ages 5+ and everyone must wear a face mask. See full guidelines here.
The closing of the Bartos will result in the following changes:
- The Mitchells vs. the Machines will screen Sunday, Dec. 26 at 4:00 p.m. and Dec. 27–30 at 1:00 p.m. daily in the Redstone. Canceled: all 4:00 p.m. weekday shows and Jan. 2 at 12:30 p.m.
- What Do We See When We Look at the Sky? will screen Monday, Dec. 27, 4:00 p.m. in the Redstone (previously Dec. 26, 1:00 p.m.)
- Preparations to Be Together for an Unknown Period of Time will screen Tuesday, Dec. 28, 4:00 p.m. in the Redstone (previously Dec. 26, 4:15 p.m.)
- Bergman Island will screen Wednesday, Dec. 29, 4:00 p.m. (prev. Jan. 1, 1:00 p.m.) in the Redstone
- Benedetta will screen Thursday, Dec. 30, 4:00 p.m. (prev. Dec. 31, 4:00 p.m.) and Jan. 2, 3:00 p.m. in the Redstone
- The Souvenir Part II will screen on Saturday, Jan. 1, 6:30 p.m. (shifted from 6:00 p.m.) in the Redstone. The companion screening of The Souvenir on January 1 has been canceled.
The following films in Curators Choice 2021 have been postponed until further notice:
- Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn (prev. January 7, 7:15 p.m.)
- This Is Not a Burial, It’s a Resurrection (prev. January 8, 3:30 p.m.)
- Nina Wu (prev. January 8, 6 p.m.)
- Downstream to Kinshasa (prev. January 9, 3:00 p.m.)
- Notturno (prev. January 15, 2:00 p.m.)
- Test Pattern (prev. January 15, 5:00 p.m.)
- The Viewing Booth (prev. January 16, 2:00 p.m.)
- Anne at 13,000 Ft. (prev. January 16, 4:30 p.m.)
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Ticket holders will be contacted and tickets may be transferred to another screening or refunded. The safety and comfort of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.